Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Done?

I almost hate to jinx it.... but I think I'm "done" with reconstruction. What do I mean by "done"? If you are NOT squeamish and really want to know, click here. (WARNING: link takes you to foobie pics. Not mine!) I had my last meeting with the plastic surgeon today, after putting the final touches on the reconstruction two weeks ago....... and she said to come back in six months just to make sure the implants are hanging in there. (So to speak).

Otherwise, I alternate visits with my surgeon and oncologist every three months. They do some blood work, poke around a little, and (so far) send me on my merry way.

I don't have to have any scans or other tests unless I have symptoms or weird lab results.

Four more years of Tamoxifen.

So I guess I'm not really done. But at least I seem to be done with recon (finally).

1 comment:

Me said...

um, hate to say it, but that would hurt like hell!